Come one. Come all!
Explore. Experience. Enjoy!
Maker Hour of Code
Dec 1, 2018
Ross Auditorium in Alumni Hall
Maker Hour of Code is for ages 4-104. Bring the whole family, neighbor kids or friends!
Maker Hour of Code is part of a larger international celebration called Hour of Code that takes place each year during Computer Science Education Week. Computer Science Education Week is held annually in recognition of the birthday of computing pioneer Admiral Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906).
Maker Hour of Code is on Dec 1, 2018. The event runs 11am-3pm. Stay for a few minutes or dive deep for a few hours.
Coding Activities Feature:
- Multivarious, Immersive.is, Repnox, UA Creative Studios,
- CoolTechGirls, TECHCORPS, VR Columbus,
- The Central Ohio Game Group,
- Huntington, Cardinal Solutions, CoverMyMeds,
- Battelle, Tech Talent South, STEM Coding, NCWIT, and more!
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: The Physics of Video Games
- 12:15pm -1:15pm: 3D Printing Lab with IC3D
- 1:30pm – 3:00pm: Physical Computing
- Tickets are free but space is limited.
- Raffle prizes include EchoSpot, Ozobot, VR Goggles, Chibi Lights & more!
- Code Bootcamp scholarships courtesy of Tech Talent South
- Snacks provided by Franklin University.
- Pizza donated by Cardinal Solutions.
- Easy bus and bike access; parking is free.
Technology and coding is about more than technical knowledge. It’s about creativity. That’s why this year’s theme for #hourofcode is creativity.
Want to join in? Come to Maker Hour of Code!
Maker Hour of Code will be held inside Ross Auditorium at Alumni Hall located on the campus of Franklin University. There is free parking outside of Alumni Hall.
301 E. Rich Street
Columbus, OH 43215